Growing, growing, outgrown. Over the last three years, the number of students buying hot lunch has doubled from 130 to 270 per day. The simple fact is this: We no longer have enough seating and kitchen space to accommodate our growing student body. That’s why we are excited to launch the Space for Grace Campaign. Through this campaign, we will add over 2,200 square feet to our dining facility— nearly doubling its size and doubling our seating capacity.
Because the boundaries of our campus are finite, we continue to be intentional about its best use. By incorporating elements of flexible design—such as partitions—the dining facility can serve multiple purposes all day and all year long, from Aftercare and scouting to band rehearsals, parent association meetings, and baccalaureate exercises. Designing the space with eating, studying, gathering, and playing in mind will make it a much better fit for the full range of activities that are part of the SBA experience.
The Sabo Center: A place where students of all ages gather together for a meal. Where parent groups meet and mingle. Where students learn and play outside the classroom. Where we hold our most special events. It’s the very center of our SBA community, much like Mr. Sabo himself. We are proud to honor Mr. Sabo and all that he has done for the school by naming this proposed new gathering space after him. In July 2022, Mr. Sabo will retire as SBA’s Head of School. Though his tenure is coming to an end, the Sabo Center will cement his legacy at SBA.
- We encourage you to attend one of the six campaign listening sessions to learn more about the project (session dates and times are listed above on the right). Each session will feature a walk-through of the dining hall space with our campaign leadership team, an explanation of our vision for the expansion, and a chance to ask any questions you might have about the project.
- Ready to make a contribution to the campaign? Please visit our online donation page, or click the red button to donate below! Checks can be made payable to SBA and mailed to:
St. Bernard Academy
Attn: Development Office
2304 Bernard Avenue
Nashville, TN 37212
- Contact Sydnie Hochstein in the Development Office with any questions regarding the Space for Grace Campaign. She can be reached at 615-385-0440 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to join us for one of the following sessions, where you will have the opportunity to learn more about the campaign, share your feedback and ask any questions. All sessions will be held in the SBA Dining Hall.
- Tues, April 26 at 8:30 A.M.
- Thurs, April 28 at 6:30 P.M.
(Plus, meet our incoming Head of School, Leigh Toomey)
- Tues, May 3 at 6:30 P.M.
- Thurs, May 5 at 8:00 A.M.
(All First Friday SBA Dads Coffee patrons are invited to join us in lieu of their regular meeting time)
- Mon, May 9 at 8:00 A.M.
- Wed, May 11 at 6:30 P.M. (Alumni and Past Parents Night)
To RSVP your attendance, please contact Sydnie Hochstein in the Development Office at 615.385.0440 or email@example.com.
Chris Crane, Campaign Co-Chair
Travis Kelty, Campaign Co-Chair
Chris and Jill Baltz
Megan and Chad Clark
Shane and Kelly Cortesi
Terrence and Nicole Doherty
Andrew and Towles Kintz
Adrian and Alice Rodriguez
Nicole Floyd Smith
Chuck Sabo, Head of School
Sydnie Hochstein, Director of Development