Thank you for your interest in employment at St. Bernard Academy. Our talented faculty and staff are the backbone of our commitment to providing a culture for learning and development which supports a high level of achievement and success for each student. Saint Bernard Academy seeks employees who desire to further the mission of providing an excellent, Catholic academic education built on a foundation of discipline, compassion, and a sense of responsibility for social justice in the tradition of the Sisters of Mercy.
Accredited by the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and a member of the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA), SBA is proud of its rich heritage and of being named as one of Nashville’s Top Workplaces by the Tennessean for the last four years. In 2017, St. Bernard Academy was recognized by the United States Department of Education as a Blue Ribbon School under the designation of High Performing Schools.
St. Bernard Academy is currently accepting resumes for the 2019-2020 school year for the positions listed below. Please click the position title for a more thorough description of the position.
St. Bernard Academy seeks professionals who are creative, enthusiastic, well-versed in at least one core subject area and current pedagogy. The candidate should possess excellent writing and communication skills, an ability and desire to work collaboratively, and a familiarity with technologies standard in the educational profession.
The responsibilities of the classroom teacher at St. Bernard Academy include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accepting and supporting the values and principles of our mission to provide an excellent Catholic academic education built on a foundation of self-discipline, compassion and a sense of responsibility for social justice in the tradition of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Directing and evaluating the learning experiences of students in curricular, co-curricular, and extracurricular activities.
- Providing students with appropriate academic guidance that will promote their educational understanding.
- Cooperating and participating in the planning and the evaluation of the school program.
- Taking part in the professional development program of the school.
- Creating a classroom environment that recognizes and respects the value of each student, while exercising appropriate classroom management.
- Developing a rapport with each student fulfilling a role as both mentor and teacher.
- Working in partnership with parents in the ongoing process of educating their child.