At St. Bernard Academy, our three-year-old program is child centered, designed to offer a comfortable next step into the world of group education for young children.
We encourage socialization, but we never sacrifice individual time or needs in the process. This balance takes a special knowledge that all of our teachers have and will exhibit. It comes with experience and training; it comes with caring. Special attention is given to developing an individualized curriculum to meet specific learning and developmental needs in each child. Experienced teachers work closely with parents to keep them informed of their student’s successes and progress. Your child’s day will be further enhanced if the staff can depend on you, the parent.
upcoming admissions events
3K Sneak Peek
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Get a sneak peek at our wonderful 3K program! Parents and their prospective three-year-olds are invited to visit the 3K program in action. Drop-in classroom visits will be held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM. Click here to download a PDF of the flyer and email Donna Moxley to schedule your sneak peek.
Our play-based, hands-on curriculum encourages development in all areas.
Our 3K program follows an all day schedule with the option of before and after care.
With four teachers for 15 students, we can ensure one-on-one interaction.
3K students are part of the SBA community and have many interactions with older students.
- Program Goals
- Child Development Goals
- Social Growth Goals
- Intellectual Growth Goals
- Spiritual Growth Goals
- To provide a safe environment for the growth and nurture of our students and their families.
- To teach positive values and behaviors.
- To encourage students to think, reason, explore, and question.
- To encourage development of language and communication skills.
- To develop social skills of the students.
- To foster a positive self-concept.
- To build self-confidence and a sense of self-worth by allowing choices within limits and by building on successful experiences.
- To provide a warm, caring environment for the students in which to play and work.
- To encourage curiosity and a sense of wonder with emphasis on self-motivation.
- To help students to learn to be able to trust their own feelings about what they learn, hear, see, and do.
- To instill a sense of curiosity.
- To provide a wide variety of activities within a routine where cooperative play is encouraged.
- To provide an atmosphere where children discover and explore.
- To teach independence through teaching how and where to find solutions.
- To assist children in reaching their full potential.
- To develop a positive attitude toward school and learning.
- To develop School Readiness in Language Arts, Math and pre-writing skills using the Learning Without Tears curriculum.
- To offer curriculum areas of art, math, science, cooking, music and movement, practical life, dramatic play, language arts and large muscle and fine motor activities.
- Allow children to create, explore, invent, experiment, and learn through the use of learning centers.
- To nurture children’s young faith and encourage them to develop a knowledge and understanding of God.
- To know they belong to God and are secure in His love and care.
- To experience awe and wonder about God and His work.
- To respond to God in attitudes and actions.
- Make God, His Word, and His Son a part of daily experience
- Share Bible stories, songs, and prayer
SBA 3K students follow the same daily schedule as the rest of the school, beginning at 7:55 AM and dismissing at 3:05 PM Monday - Thursday and 2:00 PM on Friday. Our specific schedule is as follows:
|7:00 AM - 7:40 AM||Before Care|
|8:00 AM - 8:15 AM||Welcome|
|8:15 AM - 9:00 AM||Outside|
|9:00 AM - 9:20 AM||Snack|
|9:20 AM - 10:00 AM||Learning Center|
|10:00 AM - 10:30 AM||Special|
|10:30 AM - 11:00 AM||Story Time / Circle|
|11:00 AM - 11:30 AM||Lunch|
|11:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Outside|
|12:30 PM - 2:30 PM||Rest|
|2:30 PM - 3:05 PM||Wake Up, Pack, Outside|
Yes, the girls may wear a red polo jumper or elastic waist pants (no belts, please). The boys may wear elastic waist pants with red or white polo. Tennis shoes or Merrells for both. Uniforms are available through Dennis Uniform here.
Yes, SBA 3K students have the opportunity to purchase a hot lunch prepared by Chef's Food Service. They may also bring their lunch. For more information on Chef's Food Service, including a current menu, visit the SBA Parent Portal.
Sibling, Faculty, and Staff Enrollment
Enrollment Application and $250 deposit due by December 18, 2019
OPENS JANUARY 10, 2020
Enrollment Application and $250 deposit due to secure spot. First come, first served.
- Also due upon enrollment are a copy of the student's birth certificate and baptismal certificate (if your child is Catholic).
- Most current immunization record is required without exception or exemption and due to SBA by August 1, 2020. Records may be dropped off in the office or emailed to Donna Moxley.
My child has thrived in SBA’s 3K program this year. Not only is she learning her ABCs and 123s, but also learning about the importance of love, kindness, and friendship. The 3K teaching staff are dedicated and nurturing professionals. I feel so fortunate to be a part of the close and supportive SBA community.
mother of alice, sba 3k